Today & the VA Meeting
School was good today. One of the Kindergarten teacher's helped me out by telling me what she uses to get the students attention. I tried the clap one she showed me, and the students responded in the right way. The class as a whole still needs to get used to the routines of the art room, but they are getting better. I did pretty well getting today's 1st grade class finished up on time so that we had plenty of time to clean up. Monday's particular group has a tougher time getting cleaned up quickly, and even though I feel like I've made sure we've had plenty of time to get organized before class is over, it never seems to happen. Today they left close to 3:25. (Which isn't bad considering they were 10 mins late!)
One thing I might get myself is another clock, or maybe I'll just move the one near my desk, because I don't really need it in the first room. I always have trouble seeing the clock easily, so unless I think about the time during the whole class I won't notice if we are getting close to the end of class. I know I could just try to monitor the time better, but I feel like I have so many other things on my mind that I wouldn't be able to even if I tried.
Speaking of time....
It's so tough getting to the Va meetings on time. I'm pretty sure no one is really frustrated that I get there usually 15 minutes late, since people were still talking for a bit even after I got there, but I still hate feeling like I'm late. I think I'm just stressing myself out because I still only really know Anne and Diana. There isn't anything I can really do about it though, besides try my best to get there asap. So, I'm not going to worry.


1 Comments:
Hey Mel,
Try a kitchen timer that you can set at the begining of class so that it will ring or buzz when it is time to clean up. That way you don't have to worry about checking the clock, you just have to remember to set it at the begining of each class and make sure it will always buzz.
Amanda
Post a Comment
<< Home