Wednesday, December 8

Catching Up

I haven't posted in awhile 1. because when I have tried the site was being updated, so I was unable to access it. 2. because I've been spending most of my free time preparing for xmas.

But with the little bit of time I have right now, I'll post a quick update.
School is going really well. I've switched around some of the bulletin boards. I have this great new space on the way to the art room. Apparently last year there was a classroom in the room across for it, but now it's a resource room, so they don't really have anything to post on it. I am pretty sure they are ok with my taking it over. It's so great though, because I can now display a whole grade levels work, where before I'd have to pick and choose. In the areas that are smaller, when I can put up a whole grade level, I'm at least going to try and stick to putting up a whole class. It's easier for me because I can keep the work together, and I don't think anyone will feel bad if their work isn't up, when they realize it's a whole classes. I'll also rotate which class in which grades I put up, to be fair.

I have tennis elbow, and that's gone over great with the students. They are now always asking me how it's feeling. It's also been a way I can get the younger students to listen just a bit better. They like to touch the arm band I have to wear, so I offer that as a reward if they line up quietly, etc. It's so funny, because it's the silliest thing, but they think it's so great. They ask if they can touch the bubble.

So, things are going good. The students seem to be having fun, they are amusing me, and we're getting some really great work done.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home