Still having trouble with some of the K's
One of my Kindergarten classes is proving harder then the others. I have a class with a few boys who think it's funny to say things that disrupt the class. Of course the rest of the class will laugh, which is even more disruptive. Sometimes I am able to keep these boys under control, but it seems like they think that they can get away with this behavior in art class. I don't know if it's because I only see them once a week, but something has to be done about it. I know they don't think they are doing anything terrible. They just know that it's fun when their classmates laugh when they do something. I'm going to check with their classroom teacher to see how they act in the classroom. If she has this problem too, then I'm really going to have to think of what I can do to stop this. If she doesn't have this problem I think it will help me to stop their disruption. I think it's more frustrating in the kindergarten classes because I only see them for 30 minutes, so I am so pressed for time. Any little disruption takes away for the little time we have, so the whole class suffers. I also plan on rearranging their seats.
I'm also struggling with the issue that some of my younger classes (mainly grade 1) still haven't gotten used to the routine. At the end of class I will ask them to clean up what is at their table, and then I will tell them to put things away by table numbers, or I will choose helpers. I don't think they've realized that I don't want them getting up all at once. I guess I just have to continue stopping them when they do something I don't want them to and ask them to listen to my directions.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home