Getting back into the Routine
One of my goals this year is to keep writing in this online journal, but also work on writing in it more frequently. I'm still working on that second part.
I'm finding that this year I'm am less likely to let certain behaviors slide. I've gotten better with making sure the students raise their hands. It was weird, because even though I knew that was an expectation I wanted, I had to also learn to remember that expectation. Sometimes (a lot of the time) I would forget to stop and remind the students they need to raise their hands. I wasn't very consistent when I corrected the students in this area, so obviously they weren't very consistent in raising their hands.
I find that this year I've definately gotten better with that. I've also found that I no longer have any problem with waiting to start until the whole class is ready (ie. quiet). Last year I would get frustrated (I still do when they are wasting time talking) but I'd try to get the work done anyway. I know we have such a limited amount of time, but if the students aren't ready to work, then I'm not going to try to talk over them to get the directions out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home