Thursday, May 19

End of the Year

The year is coming to an end very quickly. The good thing is that this does not mean that this is the beginning to my searching for a new position. It feels very nice knowing that I will have another year with these students. I won't have to learn new students, on top of figuring out a new space.

Something that's bothering me a bit with the end of the year coming is that the fourth grade class that gives me the most problems is still giving me problems. Today was a terrible class. I have four to five students who are constantly doing what they shouldn't be. They are bothering other students near them, they are laughing at each other while I am trying to get through directions, they just aren't behaving the way they should be. My mentor is going to come next week and take a few of the students in the other room to see if that will help them stay on task. It's so frustrating when they behave this way, because nothing gets done. It also affects the whole class. I wish these students could realize that this isn't the way they should be behaving. I think I may have to keep some students in from one of their recesses one time to really show that I mean business. I'm going to see if there is a day when one of their breaks conincides with my break so that they can come down to my classroom instead of going to recess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home