Update...Again
I had really gotten into the swing of updating this, until I found out that it wasn't actually being updated. Now I've gotten out of the habit, and I need to try to get back into it again.
I'll be attempting a school wide art show in conjunction with the Auction on April 7th. This makes me excited, but I'm also nervous, because I know what I"m getting myself into, I just don't know how much support I'll have. I've been promised plenty. The only reason it's actually happening this year is because I was approached my a member of the PTO. So hopefully I'll have the support I need. I can't do it all, and I especially feel that since I was approached by a PTO member to do this I shouldn't do it all. It's something I've wanted to do. I helped with an artshow when I was student teaching, so I've got experience, I just knew that as a second year teacher I myself wouldn't be able to rally the parent support, and I didn't know who to ask.
It has been really good though, because now that I have this contact I've asked for help with the bulletin boards as well. I would ideally like the work changed every 6 to 8 weeks. It's tough for me to do that on top of all the other prep work I have to do to keep my classes running smoothly. If we just colored with markers every week it wouldn't be a problem, but we don't, because that's just too boring.
I'm hoping that next year I'll just contact my helpers directly when I need them. Right now I'm still working on getting the logistics figured out.
I just have to keep telling myself that I'm not going to have everything figured out right away. It's going to take me a good 5 years to find my stride, and figure out how I want things. I do know I'm getting closer everyday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home