Friday, October 21

I can't believe I just did that....

I just spent so much time writing a huge entry, and the whole thing got deleted.

I'll have to rewrite it, but not right now.

*reminder it was of the inhouse suspension, and one of my K students who is doing much better.

1 Comments:

At April 12, 2006 at 3:02 PM, Blogger mel said...

I wanted to update this from awhile ago.

I had a student who threatened another student. Student A didn't do anything to Student B, but Student A did threaten harm if Student B didn't leave him alone (Student B was sitting at the table not even talking to Student A).

This was right during dismissal when the class was leaving, so I wasn't able to do much expect ask Student A to sit down quietly. They left, my next class came, I did bus duty, and then finally I was able to speak with Dr. Bingham about the situation.

It was decided that we would speak to Student A on Monday in regards to what happened. Monday rolled around, and Student A did say that he threatened Student B, but that he wasn't going to do anything, that he was joking. Student B did not think Student A was joking, (and it appeared that this was just an excuse for the threat) so it was decided that Student A would have in house supension.

Obviously this didn't go over too well. Not terribly, but not that great.

Things have been going pretty smoothly since then. Student A everyonce in awhile when he's frustrated about something will blaim me for causing his supension. I just remind him that it was his actions that got him suspended, not that I did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home