Auction is Done!
The auction was last Friday (4/7), and it was very successful. Though it was a ton of work, I am happy that I did it.
We got every piece of artwork hung, and we also were able to find a place for all of it which still amazes me. I had plenty of support with lots of parent volunteers. My parent contact Kathy Werst has been so helpful. I'm really happy that this happened, because now that it did I've got a go to person when it comes to art things.
We are planning on having an art show separate from the Auction next year. We'll have to figure out exactly what we are going to do and how, but it's really exciting. I'm also going to have parent volunteers help switch out the boards around the school every 6-8 weeks. I won't even have to go looking for parents they will be provided.
Another nice thing was that I was very well thanked. It made me feel really good about what we accomplished. The auction itself was nice because I was able to talk to parents in a more casual way. I feel like I actually got to know some of them, which is really nice. I also feel like they got to know who I was themselves, instead of just hearing about me from their children.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home