Wednesday, May 31

Grad School

I will be starting my Masters Degree this summer. I haven't applied yet to a program, but I plan on getting that done before the summer is over. I can take 3 classes before I need to be accepted into a program. I was planning on going to Framingham State, but I've changed my mind. Not before I registered for a summer class though. Luckily I have until the class starts to cancel.

After I registered for the class I spoke with my dad about schools, and he suggested that I look into Salem State's program because he is really happy with the program he is in there. I checked it out, and though it's almost $300 more, (which really isn't much), the program is set up much more to my liking.

Instead of three general education class that all education majors take SSC's programs has you take 1, and then the rest are art education classes. I was always so frustrated in my general education classes because they never tried to make a connection for teachers other then general education teachers. Now I understand that some things in these classes were valid, but for the most part they were not. That in and of itself is reason enough to convince me to go to SSC.

Another bonus is that I get to take more studios, and I get to take them with some really great professors.

The only downside is that I'll be commuting much further, but during the school year I can just stay at my parents house that one night a week, so it won't be so terrible.

The application states that you need slides of your work, but I emailed my old professor who runs the program, and she said that digital images are fine, which makes it that much easier. Perhaps I'll send digital images of some of my students work, and slides of my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home